Well, sorry for the delay folks. Work got so busy a couple of weeks ago that there was no time to goof off and make posts at work and I was too tired and not wanting to think at all (or couldn't turn off the work brain to think about anything else) when I get home.
Anyway, we were able to get away for a couple of days this past Friday and Saturday, which I was sooooo looking forward to after working two weeks of 50+ hours for me and Van both. While the hours are rough, the rewards are nice in the form of a new 32" TV that Van bought for us to enjoy at some point when we can get back to not working all the time! :)
Anyway, F'ton this past weekend was beyond hot. I enjoy hot - I really do - but I like it at the Lake where when I get too hot and sticky, I can jump in and cool off. In F'ton, we were staying with a friend, who is really great, but moved in to a house where only 1 window opened...and it's a house with a tin roof...so, TL went out and bought a couple of fans just to survive. :)
A bonus though is that we were able to sit out on their back patio and play poker until about 10pm Friday night. Hot, sticky, no breeze so the cards stayed where you put them perfect except for the bugs outside night. Really enjoyed that. Also played poker outside on Saturday afternoon and got sun stroke, but an awesome tan and lots of laughs.
Looking forward to this coming Thursday night when Shakti and E are coming over to the house for a BBQ. It'll be E's first time here and Shakti's 2nd. She's really just coming back to visit the babies (who really don't like thunder and lightning storms). We'll talk, eat and talk some more knowing us :) It'll be good - rejuvenating!
Then, we work Friday and Saturday s we can have Sunday off, when we're hoping the weather will be good enough to go to the lake with a few friends and enjoy the heat, water and food. If it's not good enough weather, then we'll stay in town and have them over to the house for supper as again, a couple of them haven't been here before.
Anyhoos, that's about it from me. Not feeling very connected lately - too many computer ions floating around I guess hehehe. Perhaps if I'm so inclined, I'll tell soon the story of how icewolf came about.
2 comments:
Nice on the TV! Looking forward to seeing it on Sunday if it rains.
Yeah! But, let's hope it's sunny! :P
Post a Comment