Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A little disheartened

Well, I had an experience this morning that has left me a little disheartened with how my life is going, but I'm trying to look at it positively. It's tough though, especially since I have in the past been blocked like this, only after I've made a really, REALLY bad decision.

In the past it was evident that Spirit and I had a system going. All through university and up until, well, 3 or 4 years ago I guess, if I made the right decision and did something well, I got a reward - a raise, a win, a trip, whatever. If I made the wrong choice, a bad decision, etc, I got something taken away, or got blocks put up galore. So, I'm not really sure what it is that I've done or decided wrong, but it's been a bit thick as of late. Medical issues, work issues and many financial issues. Road blocks - potholes - big and small are everywhere on my path right now. Not sure what it was that prompted it or how to get around them, so I'm getting a bit disheartened. Oh well. Tally ho! What's the worst Spirit can do? Put me in another life altering car accident? Bring it on! Still haven't settled the 1st one yet! :P Then again, I'm not wishing it upon myself and certinaly don't want ti to get that bad, so perhaps I'll just put it out there that I'd like a clue or two or few as to what it is that needs fixing and I'll try working on it! :)

9 comments:

Spirtswoosh said...

Your faith in yourself.

canadianicewolf said...

Is terribly shaken.

John said...

It would help to know what the roadblocks are, of course. But I understand not wanting to post them.

Maybe these roadblocks are telling you to slow down a bit? You are an admitted work-a-holic and always seem to have way too many things up in the air. Try slowing down a little; give yourself a chance to breathe.

Next, actively look for the good in the roadblocks. How might those lemons become some lemonade?

Of course, I've got ego galore-- I do not stay down long when I hit a roadblock. I actively search for the postive in it and try to move on. Sometimes knowing your weaknesses is a stronger strength than knowing what you are good at!

I'm think with a little time and perspective, you will see the light again.

PS - Hmmm. Maybe not. My Word Verification for this post has "fuckwf" in it. Do you know anyone with the initials "wf?" >;-)

NorthWitch said...

Maybe you're just being tested, Sweetie. Spirit wants to see how strong your resolve is, to get back in touch with her again.

Also, it could be that she'd like you to slow down a couple of paces, just to take a look around and see what you've got, as opposed to what you're lacking? ::Shrugs: I'm by far an expert, so I'm probably wrong on that one too.

canadianicewolf said...

Tested - Always - most definitely. Resolve - not much left. There is only so many times a person can be defeated. Slow down? Yep, I agree I need to do that, but the financial roadblocks make that next to, if not impossible. So, if that's what Spirit wants, then Spirit's got to let me. I do soooooooooooo need a vacation, but we're flat out right now - hiring this week, training next week and going out of our tree in the meantime with the 6 people that are on the phones. Do you want to move to Canada and work for us? :P Besides, I don't want to waste precious days off and not do anything or go anywhere and right now we can't afford squat, so might as well make money than waste money.

canadianicewolf said...

John, your word verification is rather hysterical, and so totally me. Glad it was on MY blog and not on Liz's! hehehe

Just read on Liz's too that things aren't going well with your travelling up here. Hope things will turn out okay in the end.

NorthWitch said...

Me??? Turn myself into a Canuck? Could be fun, actually! ;o)

Nah, you know me, I'd rather fid myself in Florida or some other warm place. Canada is just as, if not colder than Norway. My @$$ gets cold enough during winter, as it is...

I'd love to visit, though!

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Looks like I missed a few blogs here, the question has to do with......what if the portal and the roadblocks are tied up somehow in the same problem. If you have a portal then you might want to discover what kind of portal......a good cleansing might just do the trick.
Bonnie

canadianicewolf said...

hmmm - interesting thought Bon. hmmm.....might be worth the effort!