Sunday, March 21, 2010

Just as thick

So, this past week wasn't less thickened by any stretch of the imagination.

I believe this was one of the collective "worst weeks" on many people's books. Most people I spoke to had a bad week.

Mine didn't actually have a lot to do with me having a bad week, but that there were bad things happening to others around me. I am thankful that for the most part, I avoided these things, but it is mentally taxing when these things seem to happen and no one is getting a break.

Hubby's not much better. I know that things will improve, but I just wish he had an appetite and some energy back that isn't at 1 or 2am.

2 cousins died this past week. I wasn't close to either one, but my mother & sister had been keeping a vigil on one who was expected to pass due to cancer, but at 61 years of age, far from old. Then there was the unexpected death of the 25 year old...and apparently, not from suicide either. I'll probably never hear why he died, but it does give one pause when one in your blodd-line dies who is significantly younger than you.

Hubby's dad is unable to have the stent procedure, which they found out only after they started the stent insertions and will be having a triple by-pass on Wednesday. I had a full day of rehearsals yesterday for a studio recital which happens this coming Friday night. Then we're in to Palm Sunday and then Easter week. Thankfully, I get Easter Monday off. *whew* Maybe I won't even bother to get out of bed! LOL!!!

It will be good to have a reason to get out of SJ for a while - we will need to go visit FIL after his surgery, but don't want to impose either, so the timing game is also about to begin with Festival less than a month away. Mentally, I'm already toasted!

No comments: