I have to admit this past week...past 2 weeks have been a bit thick to wade through.
While hubby's health has been steadily declining, he was approved for radiation treatment this past week and had it on Wednesday. 5 days of no contact and quarantining even away from me is now over. His immune system is still shot, so he can't be around many people and certainly not crowds, but we're encouraged that this treatment will work and if it doesn't, then he'll have the thyroid removed and then one step closer to transplants! Woot!
There has been a lot of health issues in my family as of late. Hubby, parental units, cousin diagnosed with rapidly progressing MS, etc., etc., etc. It's been difficult for me because I'm an emotional eater and have just wanted to eat eveything in sight and more the past week especially!
I'm tired, I'm cranky and I'd like a vacation, but I'm self-employed, so vacations mean no income, which doesn't work well right now. The enviable catch-22 for working 6 days a week to get more income! LOL!!
I am also having difficulty with a "friend" who is sending lovely emails, which I'm sure is true with "I miss you's and "I never hear from you anymore". Not something I need or want at this time. I'm a big girl, but there isn't enough of me to go around right now and anytime I do get as far as "down time" I don't want to do Sweet F--k All with. I am having a difficult time about our "friendship" anyway as I so vehemently disagree with some of her choices as of late and when we do talk or do get together, it's all about her and her issues adn her life and if someone does get a word in otherwise, it's brought back to her. I just don't have the patience for the woes and complaints when the person's choices are what put her in these positions. Couple it with my disagreements about her choices adn we haven't seen eye to eye in a while. I can't have my precious energy drained by selfish leeches. I have sent emails back explaining that I just don't have the time or energy to give and have to shore up my resources and reserves and I apologize for not being able to be there for her during her times of need, but it's just the way it is right now. Not sure if that's getting through, but I hope it is. I'm not going to worry about it either way. I've got other issues to worry about first! LOL!!
I've got a big week this week: Monday full teaching day 2 - 9pm, then Tuesday is a full teaching day 1 - 7pm, Wednesday brings a church meeting at 1pm and then teaching from 3:30 - 6:30, so a relatively short day! Thursday teaching from 3 - 8:30pm and Friday I should have the day off, but have a reading party at 6pm in Rothesay until 9pm. Saturday is a full day rehearsal from 10am - 4pm for a concert on the 26th. Sunday is church in the morning, choir practice for Easter & Palm Sundays with a catch-all choir after church and 2 students in the afternoon. Plus I need to cal and get in to see my doctor sooner rather than later, but that really doesn't fit in to my schedule right now LOL!! This week hasn't even started and I'm exhausted! There's is something innately wrong with that!
One foot in front of the other. That's all I have to keep reminding myself to do and before I know it, the week will be over and I can start all over again :)
1 comment:
You need to be the healthy one, so don't put the doctor off too long.
The disconnect you're feeling with that friend seems to be running both ways. If she knew what was up with you, she wouldn't be pestering you with her needs.
I have felt/do feel guilty for dumping old friends, but I realize that a) we don't have much in common anymore, and b) they primarily contacted me when they wanted something from me. In the end I decided that I'd rather not deal with that depressing feeling that comes over me when seeing their number come up on the phone. I don't miss that.
Post a Comment