Thursday, April 16, 2009

back again

So, we went back to the house again and made a detailed list of "issues" that we could see...some were petty, some were not (leaking window, leaking furname valve or pipe) and made another offer in hopes that the owner may see their delusionalness and accept the maximum I could offer, even though it was about 5% lower than their counter offer.

The owner accepted it!

So, we have a home inspection and home appraisal set for this coming Monday morning. Pending those two things "pass", then we could take possession on May 8th!!

Still not a done deal, but it's much more promising than it was the last time I blogged.

WOOT!

1 comment:

John said...

Looks like you learned that you needed to acknowledge and move in... congrats.

Sometimes it is just a matter of writing out what all the issues are, seeing them, understanding them, and then letting them go and moving on. I think you've now down that.

Hopefully things will move forward on the house in a positive way and you can move on and have your own place. That will also give you a focus for your energies, as you focus on moving, setting up shop, and fixing up the house.

I'm still struggling to figure out why Van's salary didn't count, though. That makes no sense.