Monday, May 19, 2008

Life's Mantra?

Changes...I think that may be life's mantra.

Change is also one of the hardest, if not the hardest thing to have happen to oneself. Even when someone else makes changes, those changes can affect you and yet you have no control over those changes or the things that affect you.

When I look back I see where my life has been one change after another. Is that a good thing? Is it even normal? I think it is, but then again, I'm not really sure.

I know that I get bored easily and wnat to change things up, but here's a new one - I'm tired and I think I'm tired of the constant changes. Now, I may be way off base - it's kind of hard to tell and I really hesitate in making statements such as that because I feel like it's completely tempting the fates, but I'm not sure whatelse to think. I easily get in to a rut, so I change things, but I can honestly say that none of the changes made over the last little while have helped. Odd.

So, is it change that I need or change that I don't need?

Will life continue if there is no change? Change is necessary for growth, but what if there is no growth from the previous few changes?

I'm not sure I like where some of the changes have led. There have been changes in my health-life, love-life, family-life, work-life, mental-life, physical-life...in all lives of my life that I can see were good and bad. I'm just not sure if I should go forward making any more changes.

I've always embraced change. Perhaps I should wait for a good swift kick in the butt before making more changes.

Of course, I say that now coming out of a really down weekend, so I'll probably change my mind once the sun returns again! LOL!

1 comment:

liz said...

I'm the opposite of you in this respect. I try and keep things the same, and then end up disappointed when things inevitably change and I have no control.

Maybe the changes you're making aren't the right ones? Or maybe you're not being honest enough with yourself on what needs to be changed? Or maybe you just don't know the root cause in order to change it?

There is certainly something to be said for stability. It helps establish a routine that can keep a person on an even keel. The key is to not let it become a rut; find the happy medium.

Maybe I need to listen to my own advice.