Thursday, September 07, 2006

1 year

So, to celebrate successfully completing one year of marriage, Van and I decided to try to go back to PEI again and have a 're-do honeymoon' and see if we can go away wihtout me getting deathly ill.

It worked!

We had a great time over on the island doing the touristy things (Went to the Anne of Green Gables site and did the Gables tour, Haunted Woods walking tour, the Dunes at Cavendish, the World of Wax and Ripley's Believe it or not, Woodleigh Replicas and Kensington Water Gardens.

We stayed at a Bed & Breakfast and it was a great experience (well, minus the baby who screamed between 5 and 7am two nights in a row!) A nice place caller "Heritage Harbour House" decent prices and a great family.

We had booked the master suite (had a jacuzzi tub! wheeee!) and Van definitely had everything planned out and covered.

About 3 weeks before we were to go away we were up in Brunswick Square at English butler. They had Snowbabies on sale that were now retired. The snow babies were musically themed and while I liked them I refused to buy anything or spend that kind of money before we went away.

Van on the other hand went back there after we left , bought the things and then shipped them down to the inn for them to put out for when we arrived. He also had them get a dozen roses and have it set out for me as well as a frit basket.

yes, I have the most awesome, thoughtful, caring and considerate man! :)

We splurged and got tickets to the final performance of "Canada Rocks". I had no clue that Terry Hatty is a Saint Johner!

While standing in the lobby of the confederation center (Van was in the bathroom) I saw a man walk by and I thought my eyes were playin a game on me. I spoke outloud the man whom I thought it was name and there was no response.

I knew it was him however, so I tried again - "Mike? Michael?" and the fellow stopped, turned to me and goes "Yes, I'm Michael." and there was no recognition on his face at all.

So, I said, "Oh Mike, you don't remember me?" and he blinks and goes - "Of course I do Terri-Lynn! How the hell are you?!"

and off to the races went the conversation.

Mike and I were buds at the conservatory in Hfx. I taught his eldest son piano for a few years.

I moved back to SJ in July and the following March, the family got in a car accident on the airline outside of Bangor and Robbie was killed instantly. Mike was never the same since.

That was essentially the last time I had heard anything about him or his family, so it was nice to see him again. I always wondered how he made out after that.

it's been 5 years. Mike is still teaching at the conservatory and the youngest son is not so young anymore - a lanky 17 year old! :)

Anyway, Mike had played with all the "stars" involved in the show at one time or another, so he and his wife and son had come ovver for the last show to support his friends.

He got me caught up on some of the people from my past life, including Peggy - still no kids and never will :) I often wondered how she and her hubby were.

Just as I got a bit of a moment to tell him my news that I had gotten married (to which he stated - "OMG! So there really is someone for everyone!" bastard! hehehe) did Van come up beside me. :) So, Van and Mike got to meet. Don't know why, but that was a big thing to me. Weird.

Anyhoos, it's been a bit of a rough week. Trying to play catch up at work after a vacation is never any fun. But, it'll get better I'm sure.

Hope you all had a good couple of weeks. I'll try to get back to more regular posting, but also back to posting about the original reason for this blog - exloring the spiritual path of life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Girlfriend!!!!
I'm glad you both had a really great time. Wow...it really is a small world after all....running into Mike and all!!!! I know what you mean, being a single woman myself most of my life it's different when you finally have someone special....and you want to show them off because they are special!!!! So I know why it meant so much for them to meet.....your old life and your new life! I'm glad Van is keeping up the "mister romantic" image....so many men lose that when they get the girl.....mine included!!!! By the way the rest of those drinks you sent were just as yummy.......so thank -you again for the birthday present. (Thank god I had half the teas finished before Randy caught on that they were so good!!!!LOL!!!
Miss you!

canadianicewolf said...

Glad you enjoyed them all! That's great! (A bonus that Randy didn't realize it until almost gone! hehe)Yes, Van is a true romantic. No prompting needed onn his end. He is much better at remembering dates than I ever will be and he definitely plans ahead for surprises (unlike me). It's been an interesting adventure for sure! Rather opposite to me! :) not a bad thing mind you!