Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's a great day, personally.

Happy first day of fall!!

I think it's a great day, personally. While I hate to see the warm weather go away, I have to admit it went away early this year (Aug. 10th to be exact!) so, I think we're used to it by now.

It's also a great day, personally because it was the last service for me to permanently be organist and choir director for at the church. I came away with lots of goodies too thanks to the choirs - flowers and cards (handmade and otherwise) from the kids, and two sections of the Willow Tree Figurine Christmas Collection - The three wise men and the Nativity people. So, that's cool.

I'm beginning to like Christmas more than I usually do, but it's still a lot of work! I think this year we'll have to watch what/how much we put out with the cats enver been around christmas or trees or decorations before. Van thinks we shouldn't even bother with a tree, but we'll see.

So, I just have one more choir practice this Thursday night, One more wedding rehearsal on Friday night and one more wedding on Saturday to do.

I can do it. :)

Things around work the past week, week and a half have been bothing tiring and stressful. I haven't gotten more than a day off since we came back on the 3rd, and Van has been in the same boat until this weekend. There was a death in the family of the late week evening and weekend lead, which means that Van and I have had to cover many extra hours. We've also had a minimum of 2 people out per shift (4 people per day) and three of the people have had to go to the hospital this week (2 I sent there!) so, it's been a bit of time to say the least.

I just really need a day off, but that's a hope, wish and a prayer at this point.

I think that we'll be covering next weekend off as well (or at least, Van will as I have a wedding Saturday afternoon) as people are moving as is the weekend lead, and I'm not even sure she will be back this week as the service was just this afternoon for the family.

Anyhoos, I've got a bit of a slow time here at work today (at least for now), so I think I will try to put up a few posts about some of the more spiritual things going on/coming up :)

No comments: