We had a brand new furnace installed to the tune of well over $4000 on Friday. The first night we didn't notice much different - if anything, things were a bit quieter. Then on Saturday, it started making terrible creaking, groaning and banging noises. Thinking it was just settling, I waited to call until I made sure it was going to continue. On Sunday it was really getting bad. The banging was to the point where the entire floor from the back to the front of the house would shake and it sounded like a gunshot going off. Particularly disturbing as you try to sleep.
On Sunday, I called the furnace installation people. I realize it was a weekend and the fellow was only on call, but he did not do or say the right things to put me at ease that the furnace was working or that I made the right choice to go with this company in the first place as his only explanation was "It's probably something you'll have to live with." UMMMMMMM WHAAAAAAAT?!
So, needless to say I didn't want him to come over and take a look at a new furnace installed less than 48 hours earlier because he wouldn't have enough care or concern to look at it properly in the first place.
So, I called this morning to ask for the guy who installed it on Friday to come over. He'd been here a couple times previously and he was very nice.
Today was not his day - his truck broke down on the way to work and he seemed as unconcerned as my non friend on the phone! He basically said that there was probably a loose pipe under the house that was causing the issue because of the new pump but there was nothing that could be done. UMMMM NO! Take a look at it and listen to it before you tell me that there isn't anything that can be done! Once he heard it, he had to agree that it was abnormally loud and he took off his jacket and took out a screwdriver and got at "tinkering" with the valves.
A person shouldn't have to PLEAD with someone to take the time to actually look and listen. I'm not really surprised that they had to come back to tweak after the install. It's an old house and nothing goes quite perfectly when you put new in to old, but it was disappointing to have that reaction not once but TWICE from a company that is getting that kind of money to do such things. We were treated as morons and an inconvenience/waste of time on the phone but also upon arrival this morning.
Only after he had to do a fair bit of adjusting was there an admittance that there was an issue and that if we had any other problems or concerns to simply call and they'd come back to make the adjustments as needed. For that kind of money, have no fear that I will be calling if I have concerns.
How frustrating though to have to have that kind of gumption to stand up for yourself to two people! I know a few people who are not able to speak up for themselves and would have not had someone even come to look at it! SO WRONG!!
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment