Last night and this morning I opened my email to some news that absolutely THRILLED me. I had been corresponding with a festival in the northern part of the province about coming up to adjudicate in the spring. The timing was a bit tricky though as i was already booked for the other dates that they had originally wanted. I told them the dates I would be available, but it would have meant that I was away for 3 weeks straight adjudicating.
They came back to me last night with alternative dates completely...in MARCH! So, it looks like my festivalling for 2012 will start in March and go through until May! It actually makes for a slightly better schedule for me overall though as it will be one week away, one week home over a 6 week period of time and that I won't miss so large of a chunk with my students before their festival time.
It also meant that by being able to do it, I have 3 festivals this year - 2 solely for voice and choral and this last one will be voice and piano! The national governing body for adjudicating will not even look at you before you have 3 festivals under your belt in your genre. I had given myself a goal of 3 festivals per instrument in 3 years. This newest adjudication booking means that I will have 3 piano adjudications and 3 voice adjudications in 2 years and I should be able to apply for my national status come May!!
I'm ELATED and hopeful that all will go well!
Then, this morning I get an email from the organizer of vocal competition being held in Sackville. The competition is only for teachers who have a special designation in the Maritime provinces. The majority of them are professors of voice at universities, but I was granted my designation in May of this year thanks to working closely with an american prof the past couple of summers. I was fully intending to go up and watch and learn from the other teachers from all the provinces as well as the adjudications, but they needed another adjudicator and asked if I would sit at the table with one of the profs whom I have thankfully met before, but not works with before. She and I will be adjudicating the high school categories which will be both classical and musical theatre genres. Slightly intimidating since I technically haven't adjudicated voice before, but I am thrilled that they are willing to take a chance on someone whom they've not met, not worked with and really don't know. I hope to do them proud even though it's something that I have to be on the road around 5:3-am for and I am SO not a morning person! ROFL!! That's the part that should be interesting!!
1 comment:
That's awesome! So glad it worked out that you can do all 3 festivals. Things are really picking up for you in that department, and I'm really glad you have some good news for a change. :)
Post a Comment