Sunday, March 01, 2009

Noticed an alarming trend

I've noticed an alarming trend. I don't finish anything to the end and I'm a sucky friend.

I want to have the psychic level 1 class put on the psychic tea, and have even previously discussed dates and time for the re-grouping of said class as well as a date and time for the event itself, yet some of those dates have come and gone and nothing has happened.

I started putting together my own music book for beginning piano students. I got approximately 50 pages in and havent' touched it in about a month!

I want to put on an Introduction to Tarot course. I have had it outlined for 2 weeks and didn't do anything with the outline until today. I started to work on filling in some blanks and getting the matrials together, ran in to a small road block and left it and I don't see me going back to it anytime soon.

Is it simply apathy? Am I adult ADHD? Am I simply a slack-assed loser? I am unsure. I'm unsure if it matters! LOL!!

I have also realized I am a horrible friend!

There are "friends" that I haven't seen since the fall - haven't seen or even spoken to.
There are "friends" that have wanted to visit Van and I and yet we never agree to a date. I think we even ignored the last request completely.
There are "friends" that I see somewhat regularly taht I don't really want to see as much as these other "friends", but I don't have to make the effort to see them - they cross my path, so that's why I see them somewhat regularly instead.
There are "friends" that I would like to have over for a visit, but wonder if they would think after all this time elapsing between visits if I'm just looking for something from them. Isn't that usually why you hear from people after a long period of time? The would be my first thought.

Perhaps it's SAD. This constant snow storms and shovelling really has got me down.
Perhaps it's the unknown that is stopping me - unknown living quarters, unknown financial situations and unknown whether if I go to all the work of putting something together and putting it to the public if it would even be accepted or wanted.

Perhaps it's just time for a nap!

1 comment:

John said...

It probably is partly apathy and partly not having a job. I am going through much the same-- starting and not finishing, putting things off. It is strange how having a job helps you to prioritize things and get to them when you can. When you don't, you are almost paralyzed by having too much time.

As to the friends-- if they are friends, they will like hearing from you regardless. If they think you want something, then maybe they aren't friends in the truest sense of the word. My friends, including those in SoCal, are always surprised that I go out of my way about once every month or so to send an email asking about them. Just my way of keeping in touch. Maybe something like that can keep you "honest?"