So, for those who may not have heard, I am no longer working.
Just before I went on vacation for Chicago, there were a couple of "incidents" which I was written up for beore an investigation took place. One of the owners determined that I shouldn't have had a discussino regarding these "incidents" before I went on vacation because he didn't want to have it "throw me off", but the day after I came back, he hit me with them. I didn't see them coming and I completely disagreed with what was alleged against me and how there was a write up without investigation/discussion first. I verbally gave my resignation on the spot and put it in writing the next day.
The next day, the owner told me it wasn't all that it was made out to be and that it was an over-reaction based upon what I had stated the day before in our discussion and then subsequent discussions with witnesses he was not aware of previously, however he also said that it all happened 2 weeks before and that time had probably lessened and/or distorted things in all our minds. I told him to little too late and that the time had come and gave him the written notice. He told me that I might as well go now (customary for someone in my position in a company) and I packed up my stuff and left.
In the end it was an amicable split between the company and I. The big problem right now for me is that the person who instigated the whole "incident" and write up was someone whom I thought was a friend. But, they stabbed me in the back. After everything happened and I quit, this person dared to tell me at my desk as I was cleaning it out that he wasn't sure why he didn't come and talk to me about it directly instead of going to the person he did because he was just venting, but it got all twisted.
Indeed. I just had this person over for supper and "exchange of gifts". I have to say that I had a difficult time even looking at him. It isn't something that I can see "blowing over", but time will tell. It is a compound difficulty in that he is Van's close friend...one of the only, if not the only one in SJ. I will have to suck it up as it's my issue, but I can't help but lay and wait to see how long it takes for him to stab Van too.
Either way, I got paid for my 2 weeks that I gave my notice for and I got my vacation and ROE so I can apply right away for EI. I won't get it right away, but my EI should be around the same amount, if not better than a minimum-wage job. We'll see...I've got some ideas/plans, so only time will tell!
No comments:
Post a Comment