Thursday, August 21, 2008

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!

I did the vocal audition tonight for the musical Chicago. I've never auditioned for anything before!

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!

Everyone had to sing the same "set piece" - "Funny Honey". We had 3 run-throughs as a collective group of women. Each time, the group did it exactly as Rene Zellweger did it and took the low ending.

Then, we went in to do the song solo.

I was audition # 5.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!

I sang the song. I didn't do the low ending. I did the top ending and belted it - sorta...I didn't do it fully, but it still felt damn good! :)

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!!

They thanked me for my time. I told them that I would be back tomorrow night for the dance audition, but that I was heading on a bus immediately after to New York, so if they needed to call me, I would have my cell on me there but that I wouldn't be back until later next week.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!

They nodded, thanked me again and I went back to the waiting room to tell the next person they could go in. The next person was Junie :) :) :)

The new place that the group is in you have to go back through the rehearsal hall/audition room to get out. So June and I walked back in together. June asked what I did at the end because they could all hear me in the waiting room - two closed doors and an entire length of the building away. I told her I didn't go down, I went up and did it more like mama would.

When we came in, they asked June if she would go back they would like a couple more minutes with me.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!!

They said that they read on my audition form that I'm only interested in the role of Mama Morton. I said that was correct. They asked if I knew the song that she sings "When you're good to mama", I said yes.

Richard played - he had never played it and I did my best "mama" on the fly. It wasn't my best, they didn't even get to hear the big ending...:(

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!

I made one pretty big mistake - missed the words, but so be it.

We ended it rather abruptly, but...I got a chance to sing a second song at the audition!!! I got to actually audition for the only part that I want. I dont' know if anyone else will have that chance...I got to do it 5 people in and there are 3 more days of auditions!!!

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!

So, We ended, they said thank you. I said thank you and Jennifer - the choreographer told me to have a good time in New York. I said I would!! The director Stephen asked me if I was goign there to audition!

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!

I said no...it was for pleasure only...

He said "So, I'm not going to loose you to another production, then?"

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!! *Shitting bricks on the inside, trying to stay calm cool and collected on the outside*

I said, "Oh no - no chance of that."

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!

We left it at that and I headed down the stairs.

Totally forgot to go get June again!!!!

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!

I think that was a call back at the first audition!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!!

2 comments:

liz said...

I am sooooo excited for you!!! I have every finger and toe and whatever else I can find crossed.

John said...

And, trust me, you don't want to see the "whatever else" after it's been crossed!

Good luck, T-L. We're pulling for you.