Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So much and yet nothing at all!

So much time and so many things happened since the last post, yet really, nothing at all has been going on.

Got sick. Wiat - been sick...since xmas, so really, it just finally came to a head. I woke up with a terrible sore throat on Sunday, Feb. 24th. Had no voice on Monday, Feb 25th and went to the after hours clinic on Tues. the 26th - no voice and raging sinuses. Dr. at after hours clinic said I have a virus, and couldn't do anything for me.

They wouldn't let me come to work - pregnant women and sick people I was told don't go well together. So, I spent 4 days working from home. Luckily, I can do that.

Still had no voice a week later and the coughing started full force. I was back to work on Monday, March 3rd, with the sales and marketing manager in a whole other office coming out periodically to play "Catch the Lung" with me because everytime I coughed, I coughed until I vomited and he was convinced that I was going to cough up a lung.

Got my voice back on Wed. March 5th, but I just felt worse and worse - nasal drips and cough got worse too.

Friday, March 7th, I coudln't even get out of bed. I called the boss to say that I just can't get it going this morning, but I'll be in as soon as I could. 2 hours later I got in and the boss looked at me and said - you've got to go get checked out again. I think your have pneumonia.

So, I called and luckily got in to the after hours clinic at 3pm and sure enough, I've got a sinus infection and pneumonia. :(

The meds they gave me - the cough medicine I can't take. I did the first 2 days and it worked well, but it has codeine in it and that started to give me those stabbing pains again. So, off I come of that and I think I've got to get a medic alert bracelet for allergic to codeine.

The anti-biotics are going well though! But there are 14 days of it. Why do I get 14 days when other people are getting 3 days of a super pill? Not fair.

I selpt the entire day on Saturday the 8th. I was literally up for 3 hours total scattered throughout the day!

Sunday, I slept in until 1pm. Totally exhausted.

Such is the life. I'm back at it this week at work, so I really can't complain. The anti-biotics are starting to work already - the nasal issues are much improved and I can handle to cough with over the counter medicine now. YAAAY!

I think I will take an extended weekend off next weekend, seeing as it's good friday. I just have to ask the bosses.

No comments: