Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter = Ostara = ?

Ah! Easter! Love the chocolate! This year though, there hasnt' been much chocolate, which is good! Usually it's too hard when trying to keep life in check to not eat it! But, if it's not around... :)



Easter is much too early this year - too cold and too cold to ride bicycles, which kids usually get for easter!



easter is usually the time when I put away the winter boots and bring out the cute boots and sandals...not so this year - still flurrying and still icy and still too cold for bare toes!



For those who aren't only "christian" this is also OSTARA: Spring Goddess of Fertility. She has her own festival on 21 March, the Spring Equinox, (this year was on March 20).



Here's an interesting look at why there are cute bunnies hopping around when Christ was crucified, died and buried each year:

OSTARA was very popular with the Anglo-Saxon pagan brigade who worshipped her under the name EOSTRE — and kicked off the whole Easter business without a JESUS in sight. If you ever wondered what eggs and bunnies have to do with crucifixion and resurrection, the answer is: absolutely nothing. OSTARA's sacred animal is a cute wittle wabbit — an obvious symbol of fertility — and the egg is her symbol of fertile purity. So Easter Egg hunts are actually packed with symbolic meanings of rebirth and renewal.



Got to say today I feel very much renewed!



I played a church service this morning and I had rather forgotten how uplifting the music on Easter morning is! If you take the words out of the music, the music itself is really...uplifting! It's big, boisterous, and memorable. It packs a punch!



It was nice to let loose on the organ! I opened the organ full and let it rip! Loved it! It just brings so much power to the fingers!!!



Got to say I enjoyed this service more than I expected! I am really glad that I agreed to this service when they called. While I can't say I enjoyed the service itself, the music was worth it! And I'm feeling very re-vitalized.

This past week has revolved around energies. When I stop to think about that, what better time of year to have a re-arrangement and re-acknowledgement of one's energies but at the Spring Equinox - Ostara - Easter! I only wish everyone could be re-energized or become more aware of their energies and the changes in the universe's energies at this time! It's very refreshing!

1 comment:

NorthWitch said...

Hey you! Just thought I'd check in, now that I've finally given myself a kick in the pants and started posting again.

I hear you on Easter being way too early this year. We had spring-like temperatures the entire week before, but Thursday before Easter, we got a blizzard that just kept on giving, all through Easter. Fun, it wasn't.

I had plans for letting the cat play on the veranda this Easter, she took one look at all the snow and went into hiding. Not putting her delicate paws anywhere near that stuff, even though she has built-in snowshoes.

I'm hoping everything is good with you and yours, seeing as you're so quiet on the Fencepost lately. Guessing life keeps you busy enough, as is the case with me as well. I'm guessing I'm not the most chatty right now, either.

Take care Pooh. I miss chattering...