So, yes! I'm another year older. Yay! :)
My birthday day itself was a bust, but overall, the birthday was a good one!
Went to see Ozzy Osbourne with Zakk Wylde in concert on Thursday - AWESOME!!! Was on the side that Zakk is, so that was cool - had perfect viewing for behind the stage and there was a lot to see at the intermission - Zakk came out early and Sharon came out in her slipeprs, PJ's and bathrobe - all in all, fun sights! :) Oh! The concert was rockin too!!! The seats weren't the best as far as seeing the concert goes, and I doubt I'd pay $100 again to see him, but to see Zakk live and in concert was a gift unto itself!
Saturday my sister, mom and friend Kim went to Churchills for appetizers. Very nice - had the 2nd floor to ourselves and the waitress was so kind as to bring me a drink for free for my brithday! YAAAY!!! Creamsicle Martini :) I got a 25th anniversary care bear complete with collectors DVD from my sis...very cool!
Sunday (my birthday day), dad found Ganky beside his bed on the floor unable to move about 3:30am. They got him back in to bed, but around 9:30am decided that he needed to be seen and so they took him to the hospital where he was diagnosed with Pneumonia. When you're 91, it's a bit more serious than normal, so needless to say, I just didn't want him to die on my birthday. I went up and sat with him for an hour and a half while mom and dad went home and got some supper. Mom said he's rallying a bit today, which is a great thing!
Last night, we went to our firend Cive and Penny's to the Royal Rumble. It was a good, clean PPV, with a couple fun surprises (both Roddy Piper and Juimmy Superfly Snuka were involved, hip replacements and all! hehehe) which was a nice way to end a somewhat stressful day.
My sister gave her notice at her current job this morning and will be coming to work with us here while the current executive secretary is on maternity leave for a year. YAAAY!! :) I'm rather excited - we'll be facing each other across the large main room on the 2nd floor, so I think we'll have a nice mix of fun and work going. Besides, she needs the change - it wasn't a pleasant or healthy working environment there for a while now and no one can continue like that for long.
So, she gave them a month's notice and she starts here March 3rd! It will be an interesting dynamic and there will be some rough waters of course, but it's got to be better all the way around! Here's hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment