Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pissing in peoples cornflakes

My day today has been a constant stream of pissing in people's cornflakes and I'm rather enjoying it.

I was asked and given a RIDICULOUS explanation to do something I am just innately against doing and the explanation that I'm sure they thought would make it easier for me to understand their position and therefore do only cemented in me the need to say no.

I said no to their request, but sent back an alternative idea so as not to appear completely against participating. No response as of yet, but since they were told beforehand that I didn't think it was a wise move, I applaud their boldness for trying.

I was then asked to attempt to put together an even in SJ for the teachers. That is just FUTILE as 99% of the teachers do not feel they need to learn anything more and certainly not from the people that are offering their information and knowledge. When I put it out there and the drivel came back in from others immediately about no time, no need, etc, I happily reminded them that it is a free learning opportunity to better yourselves as well as those that you teach and then pointedly asked what days/times would be workable and the few who need it most either paid lip service by stating I was correct, but making it impossible to schedule the event when they could attend and/or left the conversation completely without input other than saying nothing means they aren't interested. So...I played one last card and pissed in everyone's cornflakes and the reality is that the person who was wanting to come give us information no longer wants to come. Can't say as I blame them. Only 3 teachers actually wanted to go from the start and it simply isn't worth their time and trouble for 3.

When will people get their heads out of their asses to know that being in a position to educate people means that you yourself need to be constantly updated on new techniques, processes, etc?! It scares me that those who are the short-sighted and most stupid are the ones who think they are the smartest and refuse to learn.

I KNOW I am not the smartest, best or greatest, but I thirst to learn more from those who know more and are willing to share freely what they literally paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for and get paid handsomely to do it in other places freely here!

Only problem now is that I have to get out of the pissing in cornflakes mode to calmly and quietly deal with parents and students! That isn't an easy transition for me and I have a whole 25 minutes to do it!

No comments: