then it's noticeable...
The day that hubby get the call for his organ transplants I had gone to a nutritionist to try to prepare for what I knew then would be a long and arduous journey that I needed to be healthier for.
I was right, but a little too late out of the gate! LOL!
I had decided at 10am that morning that I was going to eat healthier, exercise more and in the process lose weight not for vanity's sake, but for health sake.
I had weighed myself the week before and was 266lbs and that was when I knew it was past the time. By the time I got to the "lifestyle coach" and she weighed and measured me I was 262.6lbs.
In the first 10 days alone I had lost 15lbs, so I was expecting GREAT weight loss like I had the last time nearly 8 years ago. Today, 20 weeks later I'm only down 25lbs (some days I'm down 30lbs and other I'm only down 20lbs. I have large weight fluctuations) but it's the inches that I've lost that is shocking even me.
When the person who sees you every day asks, "are you losing more weight?" it's definitely noticeable. When my mother who never gives weight comments in good ways goes "you really have lost a lot of weight!" notices and doesn't follow it up with a "but you need to lose more" it's definitely noticeable.
I feel kind of bad though because I will tell people I am losing weight, but really I'm not. I've been above and below the 240lbs mark now for a month, but I am still heading down sizes in clothes. Not sure how, but I'll take it!
I'm down 12" total from around my body. Again, not as much in the "target zone" of my belly, but the upper back, belly, arms, hips & legs have all reduced in size. The clothes that I had intended to wear to adjudicate this year really do not do me any justice, but I will have to wear what I have. I started this back in November at the top of the 5X (I was seriously considering getting a 6X) or 30/32W shirts. I was down to only 1 place in town that I could purchase tops at. Depending on the fabric and the cut I am either a 2X or 3X shirt now or a 22 top. when doing the X sizes, that's 3 sizes. When doing the numeric sizes, that's 5 sizes dropped! Pretty incredible when it usually takes 10lbs to drop a size!
I started in pants at fat store size 22 - and they were getting tighter by the day and I didn't even bother to look at regular stores for anything other than shoes. Today, I am down to a fat store 14/16 and a regular store 18. That's a difference of 3 sizes, which suits me JUST FINE that I'm losing more inches on the top than on the bottom since I had far more to lose on the top as I'm an inverted triangle which is just a bitchly shape to dress!!
I can't complain as I do feel healthier and better but the looking professional thing has really gotten to me today as I pack to go away to adjudicate and feel very bag-lady-ish and unkempt when I should be feeling proud and healthy. Ah well. Temporary first world problems :)
2 comments:
I'm proud of you for doing so well and sticking with it. I understand what you mean about looking professional, but there's no point in investing a lot of money in clothes when you're fluctuating that much. Keep doing the best you can with what you have for now, and then we can get you that whole new wardrobe from the US (where it's affordable!) :o)
A mutual friend who hasn't seen me since before the surgery saw me today at the other music studio and commented that there is a huge difference, that the clothes I was wearing today were too big and that she really would love to take me shopping in the states with you! LOL!! Sounds like something to look forward to this summer!
Post a Comment