Thursday, March 31, 2011

becareful what you wish for

the saying is so true.

When I look back on the things that I have wished for, I've always gotten them, but they have never been what I expected, thought I wanted or ended up wanting at the time.

I had gone a LONG time without making wishes, or trying to obtain something for varying reasons. I told myself that it was because I didn't want to be disappointed. I made a wish about this time last year...or maybe in May of last year. It came "true" almost instantly, but the reality of the wish wouldn't be apparent until almost a year later. The wish is now coming close to full fruition and yet again, it's not what I thought, expected or hoped for. *wry smile* I should know better, and I should still be happy, but the reality is that I am not yet sure if I am still happy or not about it.

I guess I'll only know results when it is completed in full. Until then, prep & dreaming. Dreaming is different than wishing as it's the impossible. Wishes are possible.

1 comment:

Spiritswoosh said...

Dreams are far from impossible. A dream is up to you to make come true. A wish is leaving it up to the universe to make it come true. If you leave it up to the universe, using the mindset if it's meant to be it will come true, then you are missing the integral piece of the equation - You! You are the person that the wish is happening for or against. You are also the person that can make your dreams come true. Every little thing you encounter helps to create the tools for you towards your dreams. Sometimes what we need to wish for is the ability to see how to make those dreams reality clearer.